Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Caught Wife.Imp grabbing Girl.Imp's Rear

wife.imp: hey dad! (yes, that would be me) you have to feel girl.imp's butt! It is FIRM!



I ignored this as wife.imp was probably overtaken by the urge to pinch girl.imp's cheeks. She has been doing this for 6 years, cheeks (face and bum), arms, legs. This is not a form of torture. It is just that she is overcome by a desire to..well the mom's out there should recognize this reaction to being near a baby. This uncontrollable urge is called gi-gil (guee-gueel --the 'u' is silent and the 'g' has the hard 'g' sound).

Two minutes later:

wife.imp: hey dad! YOU have to feel girl.imp's butt! IT is FIRM!

30 seconds later:
(because I was hiding in the kitchen trying not to get sucked into this conversation. Just how does one explain this to the judge? 'those bruises on her butt? No, sir! We would never think about beating our child. No, sir! We just pinch her butt constantly because it is so firm! You should try it! Come on. Right here, there is still some unblemished skin!)

wife.imp: he dad!! YOU really have to feel girl.imp's butt! IT is FIRM!...more like yours (now pinching my butt). boy.imp's is more like mine...more--fluffy. But girl.imp's is TIGHT!

I normally am not phased by wife.imp's desire to pinch the imps. She has these mad cravings every so often but when she pinched my pert bottom I knew the filial duties had been fulfilled for at least one more week...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The maternal pinching I don't mind, but that picture you posted is going to give me nightmares for the rest of the week.

Mama of 2 said...

I can say it must be a mom thing cause on occasion I still pinch Little Man's butt and he's 9. I am guessing that I will need to quit doing that sometime soon or I might be considered a perve.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but pinch Hailey's cheeks. I just want to put her in a pie and eat her up.

And that's just not right.

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with my two-year old's legs. They are so skinny and cute ... I'm always tickling them. Guess the obsession is similar to the pinching, just manifests itself a bit differently!

Creative-Type Dad said...

I can honestly say, the only butt getting pinched in my house is my wife's, and only by me.