Sunday, September 17, 2006

Smackdown in the Playground

Today the imps put us in our place:

Verbal Smackdown #1:
boy.imp: mommy! I hate daddy!
wife.imp: you hate daddy? why? what did he do to you?
b.imp: Yes! i hate daddy! He's mean to me! He's a mean chicken-head!
wife.imp: he's mean to you?
b.imp: He makes me brush my teeth!

Verbal Smackdown #2:
girl.imp: mommy, you and daddy are meant for each other!
wife.imp: we are?
g.imp: Yes! You never smile. Daddy doesn't smile either, and you both are mean to boy.imp and me!

Here is another gem from the car:
boy.imp: I want a mint! (girl.imp grabbed two from the restaurant as we exited)
girl.imp: here, this is yours.
b.imp: thank you 'girl.imp'
wife.imp: Thank you 'Ate' (ah-tay)
(wife.imp is big on sibling respect. she believes that this is one of the ways in which families stay close and it is traditional in the Philippines. Ate (ah-tay) is the respectful nickname given to older sisters)
b.imp: 'girl.imp'
wife.imp: Ate
b.imp: 'girl.imp'
girl.imp: what?
wife.imp: Ate
b.imp: girl.imp
wife.imp: Ate!
g.imp: What?
b.imp: 'girl.imp'
wife.imp: ATE!
girl.imp: what!! I'm right here!
b.imp: thank you, Ate!

4 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

I so far haven't been blessed with the "I hate mommy" and I'd like to keep it that way.

dennis said...

Mamaof2: Although I think this will come to pass for you, we are passing along our best wishes for things to turn out the way you envision :)

dennis said...

Waya: The kisses afterward do take the sting out of the 'hate you's'

No, I ended up with imps that came down with hoof'n'mouth...foot and mouth and had to stay home.

LOL - I bet you hubbie tried hard not to tease you (if he was smart anyway).

Diana said...

OMG he called you a chickenhead? do you know how insulting that is? (seriously, if a teenage girl is called a chickenhead, it is BAAAAAD)
I didn't know you went around servicing older guys with *ahem* favors...
LOL!