Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation in Canada

Yes, we went to Canada for our family vacation this decade. Montreal to be exact and let me just say one thing. The subway (metro) system here ROCKS!!

Can you ask for a more simple, easy-to-use, any dummie can use it, system? If you can, I would sure like to find out how!!

Ok on the down side: Hotel Rooms and Fancy Restaurants. We would like to think we can take our imps out to eat (sans fast food atmospheres). We would like to think that we could enjoy an evening before bed in a hotel room.

We forgot to think, what would an 8-year-old and a 4-year-old think?

We found out.

It was not pretty.

Wife.imp told me that my constant hissing was more annoying than the imps. I told wife.imp that my constant hissing was because I was condensing my ''You kids better sit your ---es down in those f... seats and button those --mn lips before I button them up for you and nail your ---es to the chairs"rant into the only viable voluable option available to me.

After giving me the 'Stink Eye' wife.imp turned around and started hissing at the imps...

I chose not tell her how irritating that sound was.

day 1 recap:
-visited biodome. Took tearful and pleading imps from gift shop, sans gifts.
-visited insectorium. Purchased toys for imps and two pocket umbrellas (both imps comandeered the umbrellas claiming they would look after/carry them). left on bus for metro.
- discovered umbrellas left behind at bus stop.
- returned to bus stop. wife.imp and imps saw umbrellas with strangers but I got off bus and looked at bench, chatted with park attendant and missed umbrellas. (purchased 2 more at a metro shop later same trip-wife.imp and both imps currently blaming loss of umbrellas on me.)
- girl.imp breaks harmonica. It still plays (people in next room will attest to this)
- boy.imp tears sticky feat off of bug toy. (now just a plastic bug toy that no long clings to walls, etc... Will probably leave it in room next to empty tin of condoms we found under the bed)
- decide not to walk barefoot in room while on this visit.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I love Montreal. It's the only other city in Canada I would live in.

The hissing? My whole day was like that today. Toddler is pushing every button I have.

Dad Stuff said...

The other restaurant patrons probably couldn't understand your hissing anyway, since they speak Canadian.
Hopefully, the Looney will stay strong in case you need to purchase more umbrellas.
Have fun.

Maria said...

This made me laugh and it sparked a really, really icky memory.

I was in a hotel room with my partner and child a few years ago and for some reason my child stuck her hand in between the mattress and box spring of her bed and came out holding a bloodied yellow thong panty.

I nearly vomited.

dennis said...

I looked under the bed after our 3.day.stay...

and found an empty champaigne bottle and several empty condom wrappers...

and to think boy.imp was under the bed, no matter how briefly...

yoo hoo said...

euuueuuueuuuuuuuu on all accounts.

wayabetty said...

First of, I never go bare feet in hotels. It's disgusting!! Second, your vacation sounds better than camping with 9 kids and 7 other adults in the outdoor, getting bitten by mosquitoes, having to go pee in the dark, cooking and cleaning outside, coming home to 7 loads of laundry from the camping trip. Uh, yours sounds better about now.