Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our House is Cluttered

and it has been that way for years now. We have crap (sorry honey) STUFF packed away in our house for ....well for the new house. I have to admit that wife.imp and myself would never win awards for the 'Cleanest House In the Block' or even for neatness.

I should stress that we are not living in a house with an aisle from the front door through the family room (with alcoves for the furniture) into the kitchen, bath and bedrooms. We do not share our food/space with nature (at least not knowingly and when nature rears her ugly head inside we/I throw down immediately and beat the bitch out).

But we do have boxes in closets that have not been opened/moved since the day we moved in. We/I have clothes we/I will never wear again. Toys are hiding in various nooks and crannies that have not been moved since the great Dust Bunny Revival '03.

So I recently went and purchased several large sized plastic boxes and informed wife.imp that I am no longer content with the current room layout (I want more space!). Therefore I will be filling boxes and moving them to the garage (re: staging area) until more permanent decisions can be made (re: spring arrives and I start piling things up for the trash pickers/trash collection trucks or a possible Yard Sale then piling things up for trash pickers/trash collection trucks).

I am not going to ask. I have several items on my list of 'Things That Must Go'.

Sentiment and Value have no business in this cleanout and have been given the Pink Slip. Dad is in charge of 'Spring Cleaning' and Dad and Dad alone is making the decisions....


BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

9 comments:

Maria said...

I would love to have a yard sale but am sorely afraid that Bing would come and buy me out.....

dennis said...

maria,
well you could hold your yard sale and find ways to keep bing's attention otherwise engaged...

Dad Stuff said...

Time to rent a dumpster.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I love to host yard sales. It's like finding free money except with weird people looking through your old clothes.

Hannah said...

Having done high-level clean out for my father-in-law three times now, I have a pathological terror of clutter. I don't save anything anymore.

Clear away, I say! You'll be amazed at how much better you feel when you can open a cupboard without detritus hitting you in the head.

wayabetty said...

That's funny b/c I just cleaned out 2 pantries that were cleaned about 4 months ago. I still have a basement aka the black hole to go through next week (school vacation) or the in-laws will come up to clean for me, which is not what I'd like to have happened! So whenever you're done with your chores, come and help!!

Diana said...

come do my house.

Rebecca said...

I'm a pretty ruthless de-clutterer. Need any help?

dennis said...

rebecca: stop on by anytime you're in the neighborhood!