Friday, April 04, 2008

Stomp and Bill Cosby...

before I get to 'Stomp' and Mr. Cosby, I have to admit that wife.imp's radio alarm is probably the most annoying device ever made. Not, however, that the way she has it set makes it annoying--the alarm goes off by playing a pre-set radio station, NPR. No, I incorporate the news broadcast in my dreams every morning and only get up when she digs her elbow into my ribs.

So today, I have stayed home with the onset of a cold...or as I feel better, the imminent recovery from a cold. Anywho, the point is I tried to sleep in and the alarm (and this is why it is the most most annoying device ever made) kept going off and off and off. No matter the number of times I hit the snooze button the alarm always returned. I even got so annoyed that I considered beating it against the floor until it broke.

Instead, I called wife.imp at work to complain and her first questions was, "did I ever think to turn it (the alarm) off?"

I'll post more on 'Stomp' and Bill Cosby later...

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I have my radio set to CBC - and most mornings it doesn't really wake me up fast enough. The morning voices are so soothing, they can't penetrate a really serious sleep.

Dad Stuff said...

That's what the mallet in the nightstand is for.

Pageant Mom said...

My alarm clock is on the other side of the room...because if I didn't get up to turn it off, no matter WHAT kind of noise the clock made, I'd just reach over and shut it off and stay asleep...

LOL

That Chick Over There said...

Jason has TWO alarm clocks. Yes, two. One is a big metal one with bells on the top.

yoo hoo said...

I have an internal alarm clock that goes off at approximately 5:30 every day, I have no idea how to turn it off. It's over the top annoying on the weekends.