Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Week - the most Holy week of the year

- ended today with Mass. We woke late because the imps decided to go to sleep after midnight last night and woke up around 5 a.m.

Wife.Imp and I don't roll like that anymore. So after 3-minute showers and a fast dash we made Mass and stood in the back, passing boy.imp back and forth as he was asleep on his feet (technically in our arms because if we had put him on his feet he would have hit the ground like a sack of 'taters).

Girl.imp stood just inside the rear doors next to the table where the Host was placed until its turn in the ceremony arrived---and she used a hair barrette to clean her fingernails--repeatedly clean her fingernails because she made it very clear that I would have to win a 'Cage Match' to wrestle the barrette away from her...

on the way home we had a short discussion about eating cooked food:
girl.imp: dad, have you ever eaten live chicken rolls?
me: what?
girl.imp: dad, have you ever eaten live chicken rolls?
wife.imp: you mean like sashimi?
g.imp: no, like raw chicken!
me: Isn't live chicken the same as raw chicken?
w.imp: Chicken is one of those meats that you really do not want to eat raw.
me: that and turkey.
g.imp: why not?
w.imp: because you could get Salmonella.
g.imp: what is that
w.imp: that is a bacterial infection that can make you very sick if you do not cook your food properly.
g.imp: how come?
w.imp: by bus!

me: (laughing!! sometimes wife.imp's filipina humor is awsome!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome...I'm going to have to use that one!
DIANA

Creative-Type Dad said...

By bus?
Wow, I'm never eating live chicken ever again.

Pageant Mom said...

I prefer my food to be decidedly dead.

Now that I think about it... salad sounds really good right now!

;o)

Dad Stuff said...

I'm going to steal your 'by bus' joke. It's awesome.

Maria said...

My Da used to love to eat raw hamburger. He would grab pinches of it while my Mother was forming hamburger patties and pop the balls into his mouth.

I can't even imagine doing something like that today....