Monday, March 31, 2008

Working in Wet Weather

I do work on the road...or in the case of some private lanes, off of the road. Yep, sometimes the homeowner merely carves a path from the road to the residence without placing any foundation in the newly formed lane.

aaaaand in dry or merely damp weather, this is not an issue. However there are times when work and weather conspire to make driving to some residences more of an adventure :(click on the photos to see the 'life-sized' image in all it's glory!):



Of course, I am sure the parents and teachers enjoy seeing my car roll through the school parking lot the next morning when I drop girl.imp off for her classes!!

as seen at 'the Playground':
girl.imp was naked and supposed to be waiting in the bathroom for me to start her shower, but instead she found my felt, cowboy hat (re: wet weather gear) and walked up between me and the game on t.v. to perform a 'hip pounding' dance to the halftime music. The good news is that the hat was held, at all times, infront of her upper to mid-hip region.
The bad news is that with all the rain expected this week, I still have to wear that hat...

5 comments:

Maria said...

I would be in such a bad ass mood if I had to deal with my car looking muddy like that. And Bing would be a total case. The second I get a smidge of dirt on it, she is complaining that I am not "driving to avoid puddles, etc."

I am not kidding when I say that I have seen her almost get in a car accident because she was avoiding a puddle....

Pageant Mom said...

I keep a protective coating of dirt on my car at all times.

After all, it's a lease....

Hannah said...

Since when is your daughter a Cheetah Girl? Or possibly a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader...

Unknown said...

I am a claims adjuster and have to drive to all area's of Arizona. The other day I had 14 miles of dirt road to traverse to a home. When I got to my next claim late that afternoon the woman called and complained to my supervisor that I was not professional because my car was covered in dirt (DUH!!!) and I had mud on my shoes (I was getting on her ROOF not in her home!). My supervisor explained and she told him that I should have gone home and showered, changed and washed my car. What the heck lady!!!.

dennis said...

Cathy,
That's funny!!