Saturday, July 07, 2007

around the playground:

I decided that our swingset was too old and rusted and it needed to go. I started taking it apart two weeks ago and last week removed everything except the main frame. This week I hope to get to this...

In the meantime, I removed the old door frame on our bathroom (as the door never latched the the frame was beehived with old 'adjustments') and repainted (sponged again) the walls and installed a new door/door frame. The frame is set absolutely straight. But the door is sticking. My BIL suggested a hammer might shift the frame. I am thinking 'yes' to the hammer but might add another nail or two to the mix.

wife.imp's car needed an a/c recharge. In the meantime the service shop also recommended about 2K in other 'maintenance'. I only hope this car is work this much. Dennis might have to dust off some very old skills and tinker with the motor...

I had me some other thoughts that I considered somewhat pithy, but they have slipped my mind.

So have a good weekend...

5 comments:

MdG said...

Oh, I hate taking the car into the shop for and "Oil change". It always turns into something more. And dumb ole me, I'm all "Ok! Do whatever needs to be done!"
I hate having no mechanical skils what so ever. Should have took shop in HS.

Keep busy!

Unknown said...

It is WAY too HOT to be outside taking a swing set apart. I am assuming that the swing set IS outside....HAHA. I say leave it until fall.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Of course the service should recommends 2k in "other" stuff.

I don't think they're ever trained to say "it looks good"

dennis said...

mdg: I also stayed away from shop courses. I did not need them. My older brother would do things like, not remount the fuel supply line properly in the engine compartment, not firmly reseat the battery or hit that gigantic pothole without slowing down resulting in:
a)melting anything that was not steel
b) melting the battery against the engine manifold where it fell
c) removing the exhaust system from under the car

After every incident, I inherited his car and the subsequent repairs

rebecca: yep, it is outside...and it is too hot yet

tony: funny how one never hears that phrase...:)

Hannah said...

Late to the party but better late than never...

We took our car for an oil change in December. They recommended $400 worth of repairs / preventative maintenance. We got a written estimate and took the car back in March to actually get the work done. Final bill? $1140. Because "once we get 'er up on the hoist and start taking stuff off, you never know what we'll find!"

Uh huh. I hate cars. If only my city had public transit that went to my house...