Saturday, December 09, 2006

Friday Nite Wanderings - Favorite Foreign Flicks - Time Hasteners Take IV

Friday Nite:
It is the beginning of a long, cold weekend. Long mostly because it will be cold - high of 37 degrees Fahrenheit.

This is the beginning of the sucky sports season. Mostly because I am no longer a die-hard fan of the NFL (thank you Art Modell), and (since the retirements of Bird, Johnson, Jordan) am not a fan of the NBA, never was a fan of hockey...and we are not in baseball season....

I must rely on my pre-recorded entertainment. I have a very diverse collection but I must try an match my desires to wife.imp's mood and late at night this usually means the long, dramatic movies are out (and are definitely out while the imps are awake).

So as I decided which foreign flick to watch (no these were not the soft-core that can be found on IFC F*@#&*G
Channel>, I decided to do a list.

Favorite foreign Martial Arts movies from my collection (post-Bruce Lee).
5) Rumble in the Bronx - Jackie Chan taught us that anything on the set can be used as a weapon.
4) Drunken Master - This by far is our favorite Jackie Chan movie. Drunken Boxing RULES!
3) Hero - saw this in the theatre and now am up to 5 viewings at home. I still prefer the big screen but can watch this all day...
2) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - This movie is the pinnacle of action, story-telling, and Martial Arts. Or it was until...
1) House of Flying Daggers - stop here. If no other film is ever made this would be worth watching on a daily basis!

Perhaps I might offer up an opposing list of the worst, yet must-watch Martial Arts movies (yes, also in my collection!) next week.

Time Hasteners Take IV
Ok, the last time we updated this list, it was all text. That is over now. Get rid of the kids, tell the boss you are on a 2-hour break...

6) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_7P5AbUww&NR - I just stumbled on this and no matter what you thought about Steve Irwin - this will make you smile!

5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRc6MsMu4HY - I have absolutely hated rap/hip-hop for years. As-a-matter-of-fact, the only rap album I own had the song, 'Fly Girl'.

4) http://www.ebaumsworld.com/santasling.html - Throwing the 'Fat Man' for points! Can it Get any Better??

6 comments:

Pageant Mom said...

Have you seen the treadmill dance on youtube? (sorry, didn't get the link for you - just do a search) it's pretty cool too!!! Oh and look up Justin Timberlake in a BEAUTY PAGEANT (he actually won grand supreme over all the girls!!) Talk about cheesy...

I LOVE Jackie Chan but can't get my husband to watch :o( I get all excited when I see a move I learned in my aikijujutsu classes in one of those movies LOL (the matrix & original star trek are good for finding moves I learned too!) But Jackie's movies just ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Whoa dude! Santa flingin....minutes of fun! Last year it was penguins!

dennis said...

Justin Timberlake wins a beauty pageant?? I will have to see to beleive!

Are you talking about the shrimp on a treadmill? Loved it!

Anonymous said...

That slingshot game is pretty entertaining--

dennis said...

Carla: Isn't that the one that has Polar Bears with clubs whacking the penguins across the frozen tundra?

Tony: Yeppers! I had 30 minutes to kill last night and decided to toss the jolly old elf...

Betty: Absolutely! They were actually going to be part of my next foreign movie post. However that will have to wait now. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's the one. Have you made your self into an ELF yet? Check it out!
Elfyourself.com