Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Probably Need a Kitchen Safety Course...

I decided to eat the leftover pizza on Saturday and after heating the pie in the oven I pulled the tray out and shook the pizza off of the pan onto my plate. I must've shook too hard because one of the slices skipped off of the plate onto the stove top. I was standing at an angle (with my left hand much farther from the stove than my right, which was holding the pan with a hot pad). So I casually passed the pan into my left hand as my brain screamed, "Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!"

Needless to say the pain hit within a few heartbeats.


In other news, wife.imp found a welt on boy.imps cheek. She discovered that he and girl.imp had been playing Tug-of-War with a broken, cloth head band and he got popped in the face just below his left eye.

wife.imp: b.imp! what's that on your face?
b.imp: is it bleeding?
w.imp: No.
b.imp: It's ok. It's just a booboo
w.imp: does it hurt?
b.imp: don't worry mommy. I won!

That's my boy!!

3 comments:

MdG said...

Hoo-ah! b.imp!

If it makes you feel any better, I caught my blazing hot tamale with my foot the other day. It fell mostly on the cornhusk though, I only got a bit of masa on my foot.

Hannah said...

Which is why I'm a cold pizza girl, all the way.

yoo hoo said...

...it's all about winning. Now I shall dub thee AloeVera Man. be careful.