Monday, September 10, 2007

Home Improvements...

So this has been my summer and going into the projected fall we have more ambitious projects:


This is the 5th time painting the master bath in the past 4 years...


I would turn around and show you the view of the door, but I have to buy and install the door trim still...

Boy.Imp's room done in blue. (hint: tilt your head to the left)


An 'Across the Room' view of boy.imp's new digs...


Girl.Imp's room done in purple (my favorite room in the house right now. I really did a good job on the paint mix and application!)


There used to be a 1" wide crack in the paint running from floor to ceiling behind girl.imp's head. This room and the kitchen area used to be one room but when it was sectioned off, the contractor (ahem, father of my neighbor) did not tape off, nor mud the new wall prior to applying the paint.

11 comments:

MdG said...

Way to go Holmes on Homes!!!

James Burnett said...

good stuff. i'm sort of following your lead. mrs. b and i have been picking out colors and what not to repaint our spare bedroom and prep it for our new arrival, due in february.

dennis said...

mdg: ty, it was elementary, watson.

james: whatever you decide, make certain you like the color because it does not always look like you envisioned once it is on the wall.

Hannah said...

The paint effect is very Debbie Travis. Nicely done.

Maria said...

Holy shit. You really can paint. And I thought you were just making it up.....

dennis said...

Hannah: Thank you (I will google ms. travis later) :)

Maria: It's all in the training. I learned how to paint in the oil fields of Ohio. It was a very dirty job...

wayabetty said...

Look at you "Tim the tool man Taylor!" So, when are you available to paint our house? I still have to repaint Parker's new room. That effect is impressive Dennis!

Diana said...

...and here i was thinking you were just very creative at hanging pictures in boy.imps room! lol! loving the painting, maybe i'll hire you to do my kid's rooms when we move.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I'm going to start calling you Mr. Martha Stewart...

Pageant Mom said...

waaasssupp???!!!!

Wow! you've been quite industrious in my absence! I'm in desperate need of inspiration too!

;o)

yoo hoo said...

You're hired...well start with the living room, the dining room, the spare room and then finish in the small bathroom. Wait let's do the big bathroom too. K? thanks!