Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ok We're Back

and I have to admit that it helps keep peace in the family that when you visit the abode of a vacationing relative and pull a Fudgecicle from the freezer that one does not leave it sitting, forgotten and uneaten and slowly melting, on the dining room table.

It also helps to have other sibs visit said abode before the parents get back so that the mess can be discovered and cleaned before the homeowners can raise holy hell!

Thanks sis!


Well, it is finally here! The much 'anticipated' 20 year high school reunion for the Class of 1987 from good 'ole JGHS!

So we sent in our reunion fee and reserved an hotel room and then we get the following in the mail:

: "I wish to inform you that the 20 Year Reunion scheduled for ... at Salt Fork State Park has been cancelled (because all you bleeping hicks claimed you could not afford the fee, but if y'all just didn't purchase those 4 extra thick crust pies with douple pepperoni you'd've had plenty of cash available for the reunion - sorry, I added this part in parenthesis) due to lack of participation.

I'm sure there are a variety of reasons (the whole damn lot of ya' would rather be eating bologna and drinking Pabst while taking turns with the Magic Microphone (and its 1,000 songs) and sharing time on the broken foosball table than try anything that might further remove you from the keggers you enjoyed on the farm 20 years ago! - sorry, my thoughts again) that people cannot attend, but because there are so few that have responded, I have no choice but to cancel at this time...":

So, anyway we'll have to see how far we get on the 25th reunion...

3 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

I admit to not attending hubby's 20th class reunion. Yes it was on the pricey side, I did forget to send the money in by the deadline and lastly we ended up just deciding we didn't want to go.

Hubby ran into a classmate this past weekend who did attend and was told he didn't miss much. So I am actually glad we didn't spend the money to have a not so good time.

Hannah said...

That's too bad. I don't see why reunions should cost money, though - just get together at a bar or something and let everybody whoop 'er up accordingly. That's what we did for our 10th and it was stellar.

Of course maybe after 20 years I won't feel like losing 10 pounds and getting up off my ass for less than a sitdown dinner and a band...

Diana said...

I'm not planning on going to my reunion...I hated everyone, really. I'm just an ass...