Thursday, September 06, 2007

So, how is your day going?

Ours started off around 1 a.m. when I realized that we had ignored dishes for 11/2 days and that we probably ought to run the dishwasher. That being done, I went to bed and woke up around 5:30a.m. with the pressing need to spend time on the porceline throne, aaaaand after 10 minutes of staring at the empty towel rack (deciding it was time to do laundry today) I went back to bed.

Only to have my body bloat up again around 6:15. Same result.

Around 8a.m., wife.imp woke me up and informed me that today was a school day. I rushed to wake up girl.imp and get her started dressing, etc...I specifically told her how late we were to get her in panic mode (never happens and did not happen again today), then heeded my screaming bowels and spent a productive 10 minutes or so in the restroom.

On exiting I slipped on my flip-flops (God's gift for footwear) and found girl.imp sitting down to the table with a bowl of cereal and todays comics.

UMMMM, LATE?? We do NOT have time to eat.

I should have told her that we would be stopping for donuts and chocolate milk enroute because we suddenly had time for a full-fledged meltdown.

and tonight is open house when the parents get to meet the teachers. We should probably make the effort to arrive a little early...

Then we get home and I rush boy.imp through his breakfast (which meant squashing the slice of bananna bread flat and eating bananna pie--his treat for me) and running to the hardware store to return some items for other items. I only realized I left the returns in the car and that I would have to go back for them when our turn to move to the front of the Returns line came up.

After getting the new items boy.imp and I returned home to install (a 5-minute job at best) and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to fit a floor register into the whole in the bathroom floor (yes it was the correct size). I realized there is an aluminum sheathe in the floor's hole and it was bent, causing my problem. So I shifted my position, hunkering down to beat this problem into submission, when I lacerated one of my toes on a phantom object on the floor. Did not find the source and still don't know how I managed this trick but now I had a broken floor register (it now fits in the floor and looks pretty, as long as it does not need to be moved) and blood all over the floor.

Boy.imp just looked at my face and my foot and left the room closing the door after him. Smart boy.

Soooo, it is just past lunch time and I am looking for the rum and coke. Wanna come over for a glass or three?

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my god, I thought I was the only person who ran into trouble with those %#$&$ floor registers... in our last house, every single one did not fit for some reason... I distinctly remember at one point when I was quite pregnant and therefore irrational banging on the cursed thing with a hammer trying to get it to fit...

Hoist a glass for me.

Maria said...

What the hell did you eat to make you sit on the toilet for um...THAT long?

And, I have found that the only thing that works to get Liv to school on time is to let her eat pop tarts in the car. It IS fruit. It IS.

dennis said...

Pizza maria...cheesy pizza and lots and lots of coffee...

not something I would prescribe as a regular meal...

dennis said...

did I mention that I was reading the Sports page?

wayabetty said...

Pour the drinks dude! I'll be there in a jiffy!

Diana said...

i want five drinks!!!!
pop tarts are fruit maria! and my son doesn't even go to school!
and dennis- your bowels wake you? do they tell you the weather, too?