Monday, October 01, 2007

So we were eating out of 'The Bucket' for dinner last night...



Wife.Imp: Where's the cole slaw? Why don't we have any cole slaw?
Me: I got mac'n'cheese instead?
Wife.Imp: Why would you do that? We always get cole slaw! We get cole slaw even before we get--we get that! (pointing at the mac'n'cheese)
Me: (trying to salvage any dignity) Imps, this is where your mom should show that she is thankful to have a big dinner. (It didn't work).
Wife.Imp: (grumbling - giving me my last chance) Do we have any coke?
(no you criminals--the soda pop)
Me: Nope, no coke...we have water..?





















picture from: http://members.cox.net/lendys/lendys5.htm

7 comments:

Pageant Mom said...

Were you trying to shake things up? 'cause my husband does that thing where HE decides HE wants to do something different without consulting the rest of us.

It never turns out well....

:o)

(but usually I just keep my mouth shut because if I fuss that means I have to pick up dinner the next time!!!)

DD said...

Even if you were only getting a couple of vanilla shakes, you still have to pick up coleslaw when you go to KFC!

What you did? So not right.

Hannah said...

You know I try to be on yout side but skipping the coleslaw? Nay nay. I'd have sent you back to get it. But I'm pregnant so I get away with that kind of behaviour.

wayabetty said...

WHAT?! You didn't even me or Tony over for "the bucket"? Shame on you!

dennis said...

alright, alright...next time I'll double up on the slaw and Betty you will get a personal invite...just as soon as we find out where to send it :)

LOL

Maria said...

What kind of nutjob spouse picks up chicken and MAC AND CHEESE? It is COLE SLAW, Dennis!!! COLE SLAW. And biscuits. Please don't say you forgot the frackin biscuits....

dennis said...

I wanted to tell them to keep the biscuits...we never eat them all anyway. But we had biscuits.