Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Phone Call that makes one Proud to be from a Large Family

brriiing--briiing


me: Imp's residence

sister.imp: You know, I do not appreciate getting a phone call, 9 days before my wedding, from my sister who tells me she got a call from my eldest brother, who lives in Illinios, telling her to tell me that he is not going deer-hunting with 'brother-in-law' on the day of my wedding and that he will attend my wedding, because he got a phone call from one of my other brother's telling him that I was told that (eldest brother) was going deer hunting on the day of my wedding!!

me: (laughing...I was actually having trouble breathing too!)
s.imp: I really did not need this extra-stress 9.DAYS.BEFORE.MY.WEDDING. I am already stressed out as it is!
me: (laughing)--so brother.imp called sister.imp and she called you?
stressed out s.imp: ...yes?
me: because she called me to sell me popcorn for her imp and she told me that she was going to call eldest brother to sell him some too.
s.imp: she sold you popcorn? We are not allowed to sell it until Oct. 15.
me: Really? Then she called me and got my pre-order for the popcorn.
s.imp: really? you didn't buy any from my imp
me: he didn't call me. Tell you what. When he is allowed to sell the popcorn have him give me a call.

I called the eldest sib and confirmed that he was not going to miss the wedding (I don't know. Just how do these rumors start). In fact he informed me that he would have asked sister.imp if the wedding ceremony would be over by kickoff (OSU v MSU kickoff at 3:30 p.m.)

9 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

For the record I had to read this post twice to just keep up with it all. How on earth did you get it all in on the first try?

And I'll keep my small family thank you very much!

Diana said...

When it comes to buying stuff from the kids, big families always get in trouble. You can't leave one out...
I can't believe you guys would ask if the ceremony would be done by kick-off. If I were your sister I would have kicked you! LOL!

Anonymous said...

My head hurts a little from this.

But it still cracked me up.

Creative-Type Dad said...

How funny!

dennis said...

Mo2: It was not hard actually. When you answer the phone and immediately hear this shrill screaching the conversation is memorable.

However, I am currently off the hook and my other sister (the one selling popcorn) is currently heading up the 'short list'.

Waya: the concensus is that we thought it was funny. baby sis (the one getting married) is not currently speaking to us, so we have yet to really find out how she actually feels...

diana: We did not ask if the ceremony will end at kickoff. They start together. She really ought to know better. I can think of 15 people that will have earbuds in...

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Are you SURE we're not related?? All family gatherings are REQUIRED to be coordinated around college football game times. It's the law.

Anonymous said...

Aren't families fun....all those different points of priority.

Anonymous said...

I am totally lost. And this coming from someone who's gatherings of immediate family numbers 28.

dennis said...

SPM: well, it started out with my yanking my brother's chain by telling him I told the bride (our sister) he would not be at the wedding (he would be deer hunting).

He told our other sis to let the bride know he WOULD be at the wedding and said bride called and ranted at me and when she was good and wound I informed her that we purchased popcorn from my nephew (not bride-sister's son) thus getting my other sister on the hot seat.
Hope this muddies the water some...