Wednesday, May 02, 2007

ahhhhh, Spring

Yes, Spring! When a young man's fancy turns to power tools. Because his wife spent all winter stuck in a house and making precise notes on what is wrong, needs replaced/fixed/refurbished...

So I was home today after taking the car down to the dealership because of a recall notice we received. You know the typical recall: Seatbelt latch malfunctions, Steering wheel assembly might fall apart, gas pedal gets stuck...

My recall: Anti-lock brakes might malfunction.

ooooookaaaaaay! Yep. It was an early morning appointment. Problem with early morning appointments is that they eventually have to end. This means that along with the 'To Do' list that is staring me in the face, I got to see my yard during daylight hours. So I pulled out the mower and hacked and thrashed my way from Hillbilly Haven to sterile, green, urban beauty.

'Course we still have a neighbor with dandilions approx 8" tall (suckers!!). I know they have grass under the the weeds somewhere. But what can you do about people like that??

LOL :)

5 comments:

MdG said...

If we pull all the dandilions in our back yard (Sarge's area), we'll have no lawn left.

Hannah said...

We don't even have much grass yet, let alone dandelions. Lucky sucker.

Maria said...

Ok. I will just have to go on record as being a dandelion hater. I once almost yelled at a CHILD for blowing dandelion seeds into my yard.

He was three and with his grandpa, my neighbor. It was a real Hallmark moment and I came THIS CLOSE to ruining it.

I am a total bitch about dandelions.

MdG said...

Ha-ha! Maria!! I always tell my daughter to go blow them in the neighbor's yard.

dennis said...

mdg: our neighbors still have 10" dandilions for their yard.

hannah: it will happen. it will happen

maria: that is slightly harsh!