Monday, May 14, 2007

Boys will be Boys will be...Girls?

So over the weekend I was out with wife.imp and had an excellent dinner followed by a quick fix at a local book store and coffee shop (yea me!). On the way back to the car I felt the need to releive some pressure and echoed my burp off of the walls of the bookstore.

I did not see her until after the echo faded, but I did manage to apologize to the poor lady who had been resting on a park bench outside the bookstore (and up until that moment) enjoying a quiet evening downtown...


So earlier tonight girl.imp let one rip! And by 'let one rip' I do not mean burped. So immediately after she whips off her pajama bottoms...

me: hey! you can take those off in bed. But while you're down here you need to keep those on.
g.imp: I just want to smell them. Yep, all clear now...
me: good night...

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh GOD. I don't even know what to say. I'm laughing but I'm grossed out too.

James Burnett said...

I echo hannah. Very funny. In anticipation of kids, Mrs. B made me watch a whole string of kid-raising reality shows on TLC last night, including one with a couple who has eight kids, twins and sextuplets. And last night's episode dealt with the nightmare of potty training the sextuplets (they're 2-years-old). Not the same topic, but close enough that I was squirming uncomfortably last night. I had never heard so much poop/fart talk. And the parents seemed so laid back. I hope I'm that way when the time comes.

Maria said...

In our house, we call farts "protes." It started in my family. Bing thinks it is the oddest thing she has ever heard and says that it is just like me to find some pretentious word for a perfectly fine one....

dennis said...

hannah: this is a 'you had to see it to believe it' type of thing. Actually I wish I hadn't seen it.

James: wife.imp had me reading books and everything else before the imps were born. I am not certain I remember anything. I think common sense and a willingness to listen to your 'inner child' -- the actual inner child, not the child you vaguely remember being, will get you through anything. That and being certified in Child CPR...

maria: i gotta go with Bing on this one LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fart stories!