Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lunch at the Playground

So today we were to go shopping (girl.imp needed a new bathing suit). So we went to a local shopping center and during the trip we stopped for a meal:

the following conversation between myself and neice.imp:
me: so, now that we have run that topic into the ground what do we talk about now?
(n.imp recently visited New York and was relating the highlights of the trip)
girl.imp: let's talk about your (niece.imp's) zits
me: (gagging on my water)
g.imp: we can name that humongous one....and that small zit scares me the most...

Ok, niece.imp did not have much to say during this part of the conversation.

Later in the meal:
boy.imp: I need my diaper changed
me: what?
b.imp: I need my diaper changed

turns out he not only needed his diaper changed, he also needed his pants changed..

9 comments:

Maria said...

It never fails to amaze me....is it only mothers who can SMELL when their children need to be changed?

And, you didn't change him at the table did you? Because that would have really been an interesting conversation.....

Stepping Over the Junk said...

"I need my diaper changes". I dont think my kids ever told me that! Aren't you lucky! That niece of yours maybe needs to learn about "table talk". Heh.

Hannah said...

My son just recently started saying "poopy change" when he needs his diaper done. Which is handy. But then he runs away from me when I try to comply. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Kids notice everything and have no filter, eh? Come to think of it, I don't think I ever quite learned to filter myself either ...

dennis said...

Maria: good thing for us the poo factor was not part of the problem. The 2 gallons of liquid he somehow managed to store and release were...

SOTJ: boy.imp recently told us he never wants out of diapers. But he is getting better about telling us when they need changed

hannah: this too shall pass...

cc: there are days when I truly wish parental control filters could be built into the imps upon birth...Like when boy.imp ran through the mall the other day talking (loudly) about his 'vagina'...

Mama of 2 said...

Girlie Girlie grabs her behind and says "poo poo" or another dead give away is she refuses to sit down. LOL!

As for the conversation at lunch...poor niece.imp. That would have stopped my talking too.

Anonymous said...

i am an old mom and think that if a kid can talk about needing a diaper change then the mommy needs to rethink the potty learning techniques. how old is this kid?

dennis said...

anonymous: while boy.imp will sometimes inform us of his need, he still prefers to sit in the cushiony results of a good bowel movement. I believe he is 3-6 months from really moving into potty training mode.

who knows, he might go sooner..?

dennis said...

Mo2: niece.imp actually recovered quickly. She might not be axious to have imps of her own anytime soon, but that is all to the good