Monday, November 20, 2006

Ailing Imps, Bloody Murder in the Shower, Imps Butt Heads, Mama Loves Snoopy Doo

Ok, now that you know the topics and their order:

1) Boy.Imp woke this a.m. and informed me "I don't feel like my usual self."
--Ok. Boy.Imp usually tears through the house until we rope his hands and feet together and plop him in the car, only cutting him loose upon arrival at the Imp-Sitter's house.

So we take his temp. Very close to normal. Into the car....

P.M. temperature is a different story. I admit that I made a mistake and gave him his medicine too early. He is now feeling fine and making up for lost time!!

2) Girl.Imp goes into the shower and within moments is screaming bloody murder. Ok, she is only screaming about her bloody toe. Apparently she dropped a bottle of shampoo on her toe and split it open.

However thanks to quick application of a cleansing solution she forgot about the pain from the blow to her toe and started to blow on her toe to relieve it of the sting of the cleanser.

however:

3) Things got better until boy.imp wanted to see what the fuss was about and crouched down to get a closer look at girl.imp's toe. But, boys being boys, no more blood was gushing out of said wound and he got bored and stood up. However at this exact moment, girl.imp was bending over to point out what will soon be referred to as her 'Shower Scar'.

4) The premier broadcast of the brand-new Charlie Brown was on and wife.imp was in the midst of expressing her surprise:
w.imp: This is brand new. You missed it but earlier Scooby Doo was on a surfboard and ramping off of one of those half-pipes...

5 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

Ah mornings aren't they so much fun? NOT !!!

You are always sure to bring a smile to my face Dennis. Thank you. Today I especially need one since it's my first day back to work after 11 days off. YUCK!!

dennis said...

You went back to work 2 days before the Thanksgiving holiday??

are you asking for punishment?

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I didn't realixe shampoo was a weapon

Diana said...

hmmm. now to 'accidently' leave the shampoo very close to the edge at my house.....

oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? Not that I'm trying to hurt my husband...no way...uh-uh...

dennis said...

diana: having been attacked by the rogue shampoo bottles (Tony yes they are to be feared (have you never gotten shampoo in your eyes? Arrrg! the burning! The BURNING!), I do not promote their 'use' on family members. The Imp Gimp Limp might look funny, but it is extremely painful for 2-3 minutes or so...