Thursday, November 02, 2006

Long Time No See...

Sometimes this is what I feel when I get home from work and find everyone in bed or going to bed (and recently...Running around avoiding bed with all their power...)

So to catch you up on recent events...Pictures from my sister's wedding (girl.imp was the flower girl) Not Happening!! You might recall that we (I) forgot to pack the camera so we (I) am relying on my relatives to bail me out and forward some pictures...

Not for one minute have I allowed myself to believe that wife.imp has forgotten about her lack of photographic joy from this event!!


Now going backwards in time:

Boy.Imp has become somewhat temperamental recently. More often than not he will go immediately to whining and pouting rather thank ask for something first. So one morning I had an early appointment and took girl.imp to school. Wife.Imp was left with taking b.imp to the babysitters.

b.imp: (clutching the front door with both hands and shrieking, not screaming, shrieking) I don't want to go! I want to eat breakfast! I don't want to go! I want to eat breakfast!

(PUMP UP THE VOLUME AND REPEAT!)

Unfortunately for wife.imp, she was late for work, the day was warm, and our neighbors that do not cow-tow to the 9-5 daily lie, were puttering in their yards and privately marking our house as the one to caution their imps against going too near. I am still awaiting the preliminary visit from Children Services.


HALLOWEEN has come and gone. It was rainy and wet and cold and I got to stay home! LOL

Wife.Imp prefers to wander the darkened streets in her costume rather than stay home and greeting visitors...(not that I am implying in any way that wife.imp is a closeted street walker/worker. Nosiree, that would be -- wrong. ).

Here are some pictures of the Imps In Costume:

8 comments:

Pageant Mom said...

Hi! Saw your post on suburban turmoil - thought I'd pay a visit! What adorable imps! you should be proud :o)

Pageant Mom said...

p.s. MY DAD was a sahd w/a work outside the home mom in the not so accepting days of the 70's and 80's (didn't warp me permanently... I think...)

dennis said...

PM: Thank you! They truly are our joy! I do have to admit that I want warp them permanently. I mean if not me, who will show the imps the joys of Star Trek, Dr. Who, The Black Sheep Squadron, Soap and All In the Family?

Diana said...

Love their costumes. Dude, i thought you crawled into a hole a died...good to hear from you.

dennis said...

diana: Thank you. It is good to be heard!

apologies for the downtime!

Mama of 2 said...

great costumes Dennis!
And I feel for your wife in dealing with boy.imp but more for having to contend with the stares from those around her as the scene you described happened.

BTW glad to see you back among the land of the blog living.

Radioactive Tori said...

Those costumes are cute, but the kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

They look awesome! I especially like the parasol for the angel.

Perfect!