Monday, November 13, 2006

It Is a New Week and What Shall I Do with My Time?




Well today wife.imp took off for a day trip to NJ. So I continued the streak and got the imps up and out the door EARLY!!

On my way to drop girl.imp off at her school I noticed a disturbing trend occurring with my neighbors' yards. No I am not talking about the alarming number of outdoor Christmas decors popping up like winter mushrooms. However, might I remind you folks of a little known holiday we used to observe here in the mid-west?

Thanksgiving..??

Anywho, the problem was that the yards were neat, green and utterly leafless. I gave this long and careful consideration while travelling the byroads back to the manse. I might have a few leaves littering my yard. But are they enough to warrant spending the day in the yard???


The Backyard


The Deck


The Front Yard

7 comments:

Diana said...

So the neighbors are throwing their leaves into your yard, huh? The nerve...

dennis said...

diana: I would like to believe that. That way the 3 bags of leaves that fell on my deck would be more palatable. It took me 4 hours to mow the yard (2wice) so that the leaves were barely seen, use the leaf blower/vacuum to get the leaves the lawnmower failed to reach and to spread the weedkiller/fertilizer.

I am now ready for my long winter's nap!

Anonymous said...

Just get a bagger lawn mower and mow them up then put the cut up leaves in the compost. We'd do that if we had a tree with leaves....pine trees are very different.

Pageant Mom said...

Ahhhhh they're not a nuisance, they're instant free toys for the kids sent from 'above'... (okay I know that was really bad but I couldn't resist) If your kids are like mine, just rake up a few piles and let'em go for it!!!! My kids never met a pile they didn't want to dive in, or an open space that didn't look like an opportunity to train for the 100 yard dash...

dennis said...

Carla, That would be nice but that was the 3rd dumping of leaves this season. We have reason to expect at least one more before the snows fly. Quite simply, shredding the leaves and bagging them would still generate over 20 bags of leaves.

Pageant Mom: I almost did that. Then I noticed all the small sticks that the trees also kindly dumped in our yard...

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's crazy.
I'm sure glad the trees out here in L.A. keep their leaves on.

Anonymous said...

First off, let me say that I LOVE a leaf-covered yard. Nothing speaks fall like leaves all over the place! I beg the Husband not to clean them up too quickly because I love looking at them!

And secondly, I am SO glad to hear that I'm not the only person taken aback by the crazy people who have already hung their Christmas lights! I started noticing this three days ago and was just last night thinking I would post about it today!! CRAZY!