Sunday, November 05, 2006

Well she has gone...

Yes, wife.imp has left for Zurich and a week full of work in the Swiss Alps. Most people would be green with envy.

But let me tell you, my e-maginary friends, a week full of non-stop work, INSIDE, even in the alps does not bring the joy people might assume.

So we leave her at the airport and as they commence boarding in preparation of the WAIT before the pre-flight check, prior to storing the luggage, before fueling the engines, as they commence the operations to begin moving the airplane onto the flight deck in order to wait their turn to take off, wife.imp calls for one last check. A brief conversation ensues then I hand the phone to girl.imp:

g.imp: yes, uhuh, yes, I love you, uhuh, yes, I know, 'Don't do DRAMA to daddy.'...

Talk about CUTE!!



Oh, elder sib also got his 1st deer ever during the last hour of the last day of his hunting trip. Dad told me it looks rather more like a large dog (meaning tiny tiny deer). But it qualified!

7 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

Good luck this week wife.imp less. I'm waiting for some rather funny escapades I am sure.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Sure, she'll be 'inside'. But she'll be 'inside' somewhere in the Swiss Alps!!

Anonymous said...

"Don't do drama to daddy."

Ha! Love it!

dennis said...

Mo2, Betty: Actually I am hopeful that the 'funny' escapades bit is not as prevalent as desired. This is not my first time home alone with the imps and I would like to believe that I have latched onto some type of rythm, if you will...

Tony: gee, thanks. All week wife.imp told me how she did not look forward to this trip because she would be stuck indoors and all week I kept thinking but you are going to be indoors in the Swiss Alps...

Jenny: so far, so good!

Diana said...

*singing*:
Lonely, I'm sooo lonely....

LOL!
Those kids are going to break you!

Anonymous said...

Let's see ... inside somewhere in the Swiss Alps or inside somewhere at home? Give me the Alps, baby. At least the view out of the window is likely breathtaking!

dennis said...

diana: the imps are so well behaved I could leave them alone for 30 seconds at a time and feel comfortable that I would return and find only one, that's right!, only one potentially seriously in trouble!!

mama g: hey now! who's to say that the view indoors here at the playground is not awe-inspiring!!


.....


ok ok, I almost logged off without busting out laughing!!!