Thursday, September 21, 2006

12 Hours of Futile Cursing Later

I AM BUYING A MAC THE NEXT TIME I PURCHASE A COMPUTER!!!

My system has been slowly trying to crash for about 1 week now and despite my best efforts Life Support was failing. However last night I decided to bite the bullet and put us all out of my computer's misery and grabbed the 'shock paddles' (otherwise knowna as 'Format C') and applied them vigorously to my system.

And.NOTHING.happened!! HOW THE F*** CAN NOTHING HAPPEN WHEN YOU USE FORMAT F_ING C????

I found out why. Bill Gates and the other demons at Micro-Hell (Dante claimed that there were 9 levels of hell. He was off by 1) made it impossible to 'accidently' type the format command to wipe your hard-drive. How can you accidently type the command to turn your computer into a $1.5K paperweight??

BUT I did find out where they buried the command function! Yes, after 3 hours of searching the file functions and asking wife.imp to prepare the live chickens for sacrifice on the Microsoft Altar, I succeeded.

and as of this post, I have finally gone 'live' again!!

0 comments: