Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We got home late from work and decided to eat out

Because I was not getting in until after 7:30pm and wife.imp would not be there until 7. So we went to the local 'down on the farm' eatery.

I arrived 30 minutes or so after wife.imp and the fam were seated and orders were taken (I issued my choice of fare over the phone). Thirty minutes later wife.imp flagged down the wai--server and inquired on the status of our meals, offering to go cook them herself is such help was needed.

It apparantly was. We later learned the cook was taking multiple breaks (however this news seemed to surprise the manageress). Speaking of the manageress, she soon stopped by and was grilled about her work history by girl.imp. I mean she really went after the woman, asking where her last two positions were and why she moved to different locations, etc..etc...

Ivanka Trump move over, girl.imp is ready to storm the Trump castle!!

Wife.imp reiterated her desire to help the kitchen staff, as, after our first complaint, only two of the 5 entrees appeared. The last to be served was boy.imp and he ordered scrambled eggs with bacon!

I more or less decided I was tired. I drove almost 320 miles today. My dialogue was rapidly filling with 4-letter words and I was silently casting asperations on the manager's family (past, present and future) and on the ability of the staff in general. Needless to say, I thought it best not to add vocalization to my wandering thoughts.

In days gone by, I would have followed the tried and true method of allowing the imps to play haphazardly with the glass tablesettings. I figure either the staff will bring food out to the imps to keep their hands/mouths occupied or they will take their time and hope the glass shrapnel flying through the air does not find the other diners...

However, I do not think this establishment with the 'country red' coat of paint will soon see our shadows darken its doors!

On a positive note the Reds spanked the Cardinals and Junior hammered #1 of the year to deep right field!

Good days!!

8 comments:

wayabetty said...

What's up with you and your family with slow service? We'd have taken off a long time ago, and cook up some ramen noodles at home.

Mama of 2 said...

That's when you want to eat and leave without paying...or at least leaving a note that says payment to follow expressing that your slowness to pay is in direct relation to the slowness of service.

Anonymous said...

You definitely have some patience, my friend! I'd have up and walked my butt right out the door!

Creative-Type Dad said...

I wouldn't have waited (unless it was free) - that's just crazy!

Maria said...

I am a real bitch about restaurant service when there are kids at the table. I mean, on a regular visit, it is hard to keep them occupied with the three crayons and kiddie menu that they give you with a maze and a picture of a cowboy on it. But, when the food is late...I demand crackers, anything! Even bread and jam. Just something.

I think your wife should have stormed the kitchen. I have always wanted to have the guts to do that...

dennis said...

To all: Message received. However, as much as I would have liked to get up and storm out, I was just too tired and everyone else was hungry.

Plus, watching girl.imp grill the manager on her worth was too precious to miss! :)

KC said...

15 minutes of waiting without any contact with the staff is all I'll tolerate.

dennis said...

kc: 15 minutes is actually the amount of time I would wait for a date to arrive before taking off for greener pastures