Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Imps as heard this week

Monday:
wife.imp: (speaking to boy.imp who had climbed to the top of the couch behind me and started grabbing fistfuls of my hair...) Hey! Don't pull daddy's hair like that! He doesn't have much left and probably won't have that for much longer!

Tuesday:
me: So after dinner who wants to get their bath--shower
imps: (wailing, crying, rending of clothes...)
me: if you take your showers now, then you will have almost an hour to play afterwards before bedtime...
imps: (pause) Oh! I'll go! I'll go!

Today:
girl.imp:
Look! I got National Geographic for Kids (yes, she actually says things like this) in the mail!!

A few minutes later as she is ripping animal cards (think baseball cards with pictures of animals on one side and their specific info on the reverse side):
girl.imp: I'm in Heaven!!

3 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

It is amazing what children can do to hair. My daughters root through my scalp proudly proclaiming, "Gee mom, you got soooo many gray hairs!" *insert their tween laughter here*

Wenches....

Diana said...

monday-bwahahahahahahaha!
ooh, sorry men don't like that...
tuesday-my son does that.
wednesday-I used to do that. Really. I was uber geeky, too, but really cool too.

wayabetty said...

Ouch! I meant wife.imp's comment. And that's too cute about the "I'm in heaven" comment from girl.imp. She's on her way to be a cool scientist somewhere.