Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You Heard It Here First

boy.imp: Knock Knock
me: who's there?
boy.imp: orange
me: orange who?
boy.imp: orange you glad I said orange and not banoonoo?

b.imp: knock knock
me:who's there?
b.imp: picture
me: picture who?
b.imp: that picture on the wall (over) there!

girl.imp: daddy, b.imp is not funny. YOU'RE NOT FUNNY B.IMP!!
me: be nice! He's just learning how to tell jokes.
girl.imp: oh..?

g.imp: Daddy? Why is 6 afraid of 10?
me: why?
g.imp: because 10 has men!!....Get it? 10 has men!

me: is it time to go to school yet? What time is it?

b.imp: daddy? why is 6 afraid of 1?
me: why?
b.imp: because 1 has the 0 after it!

me: I'll be in the car.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...I endure the "so bad that they're funny and also really cute" jokes and riddles during the ride home from school every day.

Note to self: check library for book of knock knock jokes for TQ.

MdG said...

AAAAA!! That fracken Orange knock knock joke!!! It's been done to death here!
Whenever she starts with a knock knock joke. I say "NOBODY HOME! I'M CRUSHING YOUR HEAD!"
She gets mad.

Mama of 2 said...

Dennis this reminds mw of a time when Little Man decided to make up his own jokes...which BTW made absolutely no sense what so ever.

Glad he's out of that stage. It does happen I promise.

dennis said...

izzy: girl.imp used to demand "wheels on the bus" or "i spy" when driving home from anywhere. Knock knocks are a great change of pace!

MdeG: I sometimes try to ignore them by telling them daddy is driving. however they are catching on to the fact that daddy also drives and talks to mommy...

Mo2: I keep hoping. Going on 11/2 years and still going strong!

Christina_the_wench said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina_the_wench said...

That weird, omg that was not even close to being funny look you give them now? I get that daily from the tweens.

Diana said...

I'm not looking forward to this stage at all. My stepson is five, and when he tries to tell me a joke, he will forget it and stand there saying "Um....um....ummmm..." for twenty minutes.