Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You Heard It Here First

boy.imp: Knock Knock
me: who's there?
boy.imp: orange
me: orange who?
boy.imp: orange you glad I said orange and not banoonoo?

b.imp: knock knock
me:who's there?
b.imp: picture
me: picture who?
b.imp: that picture on the wall (over) there!

girl.imp: daddy, b.imp is not funny. YOU'RE NOT FUNNY B.IMP!!
me: be nice! He's just learning how to tell jokes.
girl.imp: oh..?

g.imp: Daddy? Why is 6 afraid of 10?
me: why?
g.imp: because 10 has men!!....Get it? 10 has men!

me: is it time to go to school yet? What time is it?

b.imp: daddy? why is 6 afraid of 1?
me: why?
b.imp: because 1 has the 0 after it!

me: I'll be in the car.

7 comments:

Izzy said...

lol...I endure the "so bad that they're funny and also really cute" jokes and riddles during the ride home from school every day.

Note to self: check library for book of knock knock jokes for TQ.

Mommy de Gallo said...

AAAAA!! That fracken Orange knock knock joke!!! It's been done to death here!
Whenever she starts with a knock knock joke. I say "NOBODY HOME! I'M CRUSHING YOUR HEAD!"
She gets mad.

Mama of 2 said...

Dennis this reminds mw of a time when Little Man decided to make up his own jokes...which BTW made absolutely no sense what so ever.

Glad he's out of that stage. It does happen I promise.

dennis said...

izzy: girl.imp used to demand "wheels on the bus" or "i spy" when driving home from anywhere. Knock knocks are a great change of pace!

MdeG: I sometimes try to ignore them by telling them daddy is driving. however they are catching on to the fact that daddy also drives and talks to mommy...

Mo2: I keep hoping. Going on 11/2 years and still going strong!

Christina_the_wench said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina_the_wench said...

That weird, omg that was not even close to being funny look you give them now? I get that daily from the tweens.

Diana said...

I'm not looking forward to this stage at all. My stepson is five, and when he tries to tell me a joke, he will forget it and stand there saying "Um....um....ummmm..." for twenty minutes.