Monday, March 26, 2007

Confession Time at the Playground

Wife.Imp,
Honey, do you remember that old, teflon coated saucepan we used to have? Well, we still have it but once the fumes clear out of the kitchen I will have to get rid of it. No, the problem is not with the pan itself. The problem is that my attention span rivals that of a monkey on drugs. Here I was getting the pot roast ready in the slow cooker and then I noticed the breakfast dishes.

Which really was not too difficult as we have the same counter space as Barbie's Dreamhouse. Well, the dirties were starting to pile up and I started pushing them around to make more room when I heard a hissing from the stovetop. I ignored it, because how could anything be hissing?
ALL the food was in the slow cooker. Still more hissing...

Yes, you guessed it. I melted the handle of the meat fork into the saucepan.

'But honey!' (yes, I can hear what you are thinking) 'But honey, I can understand melting the handle to the saucepan. But into the saucepan..?'

Yes, Into The Saucepan. I was not aware but the plastic handles on utensiles nowadays will run exactly like melted butter when heated.

Anyway, here is hoping your Monday at work has been moving along smoothly! If you need to, call me on the cell phone. I will be shopping later this a.m.

love,
me

6 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

Oh my...I hope your day gets better! I can't say that I've done that - but I'm surprised I haven't - I've managed to do some real damage in the kitchen over the years...

MdG said...

Oh crumbs! And that smell is the worst too. I hope you can find a nice replacement.

Diana said...

At least you didn't just throw it out and say "I dunno" when asked where it was...
Not that my husband would do that or anything...
*yeah, he would. He would wait about a month before telling me about it...*

yoo hoo said...

Oh, I've left them in the oven before and then preheated....the stench!

Anonymous said...

That replacement would make a great Mother's Day gift!

Pageant Mom said...

Just get a note from the fire dept. it gets me out of cooking every time!! ;o)