Thursday, March 29, 2007

My 7 Songs - Meme

So I thought I'd jump on board for this meme as the weekend is coming up and I need to quit showing my darker side to the world at large...

In no particular order:

Beethoven
5th symphony - Lot of choices with Beethoven but this is one that really never gets old.

Tchaikovsky
Piano Concerto #1 - I like to think tchaikovsky had a unique sound amongst his peers and that if he lived in today's society, he would be trashing hotel rooms and getting drunk on stage. However he did know his music and this is one of the best.

Scott Joplin
The Entertainer - This is the first among Joplin's songs that I ever heard and remains a constant favorite.

Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
Pink Elephant - who can't love a song about getting trashed and hallucinating?? (an alternate to this would be CPD's 'Here Comes the Snake')

Queen
Pressure - I play this so much in the car that wife.imp is starting to apply some 'pressure' on me...(an alternate would be about any Queen song ever recorded but 'Who Wants to Live Forever' is right up there)

The Who
Baba O’Riley - only because I had to pick just one. Really just pick an album select a track and play...

Bono
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad - Sung at Sinatra's 80th. Love this Song!!

2 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

I like The Entertainer and Pressure too. Great list!

Maria said...

God...I am guessing that you'd like the soundtrack to The Piano if you've heard it. Have you? It is just so haunting and it sticks to your ribs.

And Bono...yeah.

Cherry Poppin what???? I am sorry. I got stuck on the name....now these guys I HAVE to listen to...