Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Odds'n'Ends at the Playground

R U right-handed? Do you have problems with your shoes coming untied--nano seconds after tying them?

Then you have been tying your shoes wrong! Absolutely, Positively Incorrectly for almost 40 years (this is just a guess on the age).

I was too. Then my brother (older) who is in the military called me with the secret. Tie your shoes with a square knot. Guaranteed not to come undone. No more double knots. No more cold, wet shoestrings that drug through that puddle you just could not avoid. No more catching that shoelace in the screen door when it shuts, jerking you off balance and causing you to drop all of your crap on the sidewalk!

yeah baby!

Has anyone else noticed that this time last week we were fearing snow and now we are outside enjoying nearly 80 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures??

Global warming is an illusion my pink, pimply hiney!!!

I had other things to talk about but they slipped my mind...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, my oldest is always coming home from school with untied shoes. I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Diana said...

Okay what the hell is a square knot? because my son's shoelaces never stay tied. EVER! He'll be wearing velcro in high school at this rate...

That Chick Over There said...

I don't necessarily want to envision anyone's pink, pimply hindparts...my own included, but yeah. What the CRAP is up with the weather?!?!?

Anonymous said...

And so I'm guessing your next post will provide us with step-by-step instructions on just how the hell to tie a square knot? Pleeeeeeease!

Maria said...

How do you tie a square knot? And can it be done with a cherry stem?

Curious minds want to know.

dennis said...

maria: I have never, in person, seen a cherry stem tied with a tongue...It's on my list of things to do now tho'

Next blog will have Square Knot instructions :)