Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It Is Experiment Night at the Playground

Ingredients:
1 tired wife.imp
1 not-so-tired boy.imp
1 really really good sitcom 'Fawlty Towers' starring John Cleese

Picture the scene:
After dressing boy.imp, who is just out of the shower, wife.imp decides that the kewpy doll with the energizer battery is just a bit much. So she sits on the toilet (the toilet seats were all down) and she and boy.imp had the following conversation.

b.imp: mommy! mommy! blahblahblah blabbityblahblahblah...
wife.imp: (moving lips- no sound)
b.imp: mommy! who turned on the mute?
wife.imp: (moving lips- no sound)

b.imp: mommy! turn off the mute? fix the mute mommy!

This carried on for a few more minutes before b.imp came running to me in the kitchen. I, of course, had no idea what was going on and I was busy tidying up the kitchen and getting organized for trash day tomorrow. SO I told him to go sort out his problems with mommy...


(for those who have not seen Fawlty Towers, John Cleese was a hotel manager who, in one episode, did the exact same thing with a guest at the hotel)

3 comments:

Maria said...

Great blog...I was out moseying around and found yours through Creative Dad.

And I used to torture my little sister endlessly by mouthing words and she would panic and think she had gone deaf. I tried it again at the last Thanksgiving dinner and she STILL didn't find it entertaining. Of course, not that I am 48 and she is 40, it isn't quite so easy to fool her.....

dennis said...

Maria, welcome to the Playground. Bring your sister by and we'll take turns tormenting her :)

yoo hoo said...

I like to cut out every other word when I talk sometimes, like a bad cell phone connection. hee hee hee