Sunday, July 16, 2006

From the Mouths of Imps

It is only during those quiet moments at Church when one of the imps will feel the need to contribute:

b.imp: Sit on me! Sit on me!


At this time I would like to revisit last night's rant. G.imp told me about why we played her version of 'Hide and Seek' (In this game, I was to sit in my chair and close my eyes and g.imp was to curl up under my chair and hide).


g.imp: daddy..?
me: yeah baby?
g.imp: remember last night when we played 'Hide and Seek'?
me: yes
g.imp: do you know what I was doing under your chair while you had your eyes closed?
me: ummm, no. What were you doing? (please let it be hiding...please let it be hiding)
g.imp: I was watching the newlyweds and THEY WERE KISSING! That was so NAAAASTY! Yuck!
me: Oh.

I realize that I missed out on a great opportunity to have one of those 'talks' with g.imp but I could not think of anything to say that would not make things worse in the future...

3 comments:

Diana said...

well, it was NASTY.

Anonymous said...

Just be glad she thinks it's "naaaaasty"...lol

Creative-Type Dad said...

Nice!!