Friday, July 14, 2006

This might be my first 1st!

and this is the reason we enjoy being at home...

Today I took the imps to the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) for a free program with bugs, stories, and a little song with interpretive dance. It lasted 30 minutes. There were six other families in attendance.

Did I mention it was free?

But this is not what I wanted to write about. This was filler, otherwise today's post would have been all of 9 words long.

I would like to say that most of g.imp's firsts came when I was at work:
Her first word happened in daycare.
Learning to walk? Daycare.
Potty Training: Daycare (Ok this I did not mind so much).
Learning to Read: Daycare.

The big news?

Our g.imp learned how to snap her fingers today!!

Oh yes! For those people that condemn rock'n'roll and music of the devil, I say 'Oh yeah? My baby learned how to snap her fingers listening to it!'

On a darker note:

G.imp wanted both parental units to stay home yesterday. Upon being informed that wife imp had to work:


g.imp: why not call your boss and say that you have a cold and that you can't work today?
w.imp: I can't do that!
g.imp: yes you can! just start coughing when you talk.
w.imp: That's lying! I can't do that.
g.imp: ok, you talk and I'll cough for you...

My only response was to tell wife imp, after I stopped laughing, that g.imp did not learn that from me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finger snapping! Pretty soon she'll be doing it in a circle and wagging her head and saying "Oh hay-elll no!"

And that g.imp is pretty darned smart. I could have used someone to cough into the phone a few times for me.

Mama of 2 said...

Oh Dennis...g.imp is a girl after my own heart. A lie or not I have used the excuse she was trying to w.imp to put into effect.

Diana said...

"ok, you talk and I'll cough for you."
Sheer GENIOUS!
Can I have a recording of her coughing for when I call in sick just to spend time with my boy?