Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What kind of message are we sending?

We are Buckeye fans!

We bleed scarlet and gray. By the age of 4, g.imp knew the 'Buckeye Battle Cry', 'Carmen Ohio' and 'Across the Field'.

b.imp already knows the appropriate lyrics to 'Hang on Sloopy':

bimp: Hang on Snoopy, Snoopy hang on! O-H-I-O (also he adds the proper arm gestures), OHIO! Gooo Buckeyes! Hang on Snoopy...

Knowing that we are raising our imps to honor the proper values and traditions, why is it that most of b.imp's shirts are not scarlet and/or gray but have a blend of maize and blue???

I see much therapy in our future!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I was born to a Yankee family. My father was actually going to play for the Yanks, but then had to go fight in Vietnam and, well, his back was never the same. So-I was taught to sit through baseball games at a very young age. Now my son has four NYY jerseys (he's only 20 m/o) and has adopted the name J-Rod because he is already showing impeccable throwing skills for such a young age. I think whenever my father sees him he has hope for what he never got to do...I may have to post about this now that i think of it...

Unknown said...

We are Braves fans in this neck of the woods. My kids grew up being able to do the tomahawk chop...haha.